Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Life Lesson #42: If You Say You Do Something, You Better Have Proof

So I've started telling some people that my Big Life Dream is to be a writer and invariably they always pose a series of follow up questions about it. Though it's an obvious reaction, I guess I didn't bother to think too far ahead about it because everytime I'm put in the hot seat I always get stumped. It goes a little like this:

Me: I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I really want with my life and I've decided that I'm going to be a writer.

Them: A writer? Wow. Good for you! What do you write?

Me: (Shit.) Uh, well I am working on some things right now. (No I'm not.) And I'm going to LA in November. (At least that part is true.) And I have a blog... (That I don't tell anyone about and thusly no one reads.) So it's all coming together! (*crickets*)

If anyone asks for me, please tell them I am riding the subway all day looking for shit to write about.

Coming tomorrow: The Man Who Took Up Two Seats: An Obsese Man's Journey Underground To Get To Work.

No comments: